On the basis of indicators and figures MIRA tries to formulate an answer to policy questions in the field of environment & economy:
- How high are the environmental damage costs (external environmental costs) of disruptions to the environment?
- Are these integrated (completely) in the prices and taxes that the causer of the environmental damage have to pay (according to the principles of ‘the polluter pays’)?
- Are environmentally damaging activities taxed more highly than in the past?
- How much are the costs of combating environmental damage, i.e. costs of environment policy, environmental measures and environmental management for administrations and target groups?
- What are the social and macro-economic consequences of environmental damage and environment policy?